Thursday, March 17, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

     The time has come. The time when I don't know what comes next. Over the past few months I have realized that this is the first time in my entire life when I actually don't know where I will be and what I will be doing in a year. I graduated from high school and knew I would go to college. Now that I'm two months away from graduating from Hope College (a small liberal arts school in Holland, Michigan), I can still imagine my life going in a million different directions. These past four years have been filled with hard work, fun memories, and lots of learning, but soon I will be starting a new and fresh chapter of my life. So as I prepare to step out into the "real world" I will be reflecting on the challenges, joys, and surprises of this journey into adulthood. I hope to remain connected to old friends over this next season, but also develop new and different relationships and experience things I never dreamed of. I anticipate growing mentally and spiritually through the adventures God brings me! As I think about this transition, a very special verse comes to mind:

"Therefore, since you are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders, and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
~ Hebrews 12:1

 More on this later. Thanks for reading!

1 comment: