Monday, March 26, 2012

Brighter than Sunshine

     Life is beautiful. It's full of unexpected and messy twists and turns, but it is beautiful. Recently I have done a lot of reflection on the little things in my life. The small joys of day-to-day life, like watching the sunset, hearing birds sing, and reading a good book. Despite my uncertainties about the future, I can at least enjoy today. Jesus encourages us to live life this way in Matthew 6:25-34. It says to not worry about tomorrow, because all the things we need will be given to us. As I am sitting here now watching my dogs lay in the sun in our yard, it strikes me how carefree animals are. Every day our dogs get up not knowing what the day will hold or where their food will come from. But they trust that it will be provided for them. We need to have that kind of trust in God.

     That being said, I now know where I am going for at least the next few months. In two weeks I will flying south to Costa Rica for a 3-month intensive Bible course. In less than a week I will be going to New York to interview for a longer-term mission intern program through the Methodist Church. And before I leave the country, I have several opportunities with my church, and saying goodbye to family, and seeing friends once more. And packing. So I have lots to look forward to! As much as I feel stressed and anxious about preparing for this upcoming adventure, I know God will take care of me. I need to step back, stop freaking out, and let Him work out the details.

     As I prepare for all of this traveling, I hope and pray that I will have an open mind and heart to learn new things along each step of the way. I've become comfortable being home again, but I don't want to be just comfortable. I want to be pushed and challenged, to experience new things and to form new relationships. Because this is how God can use me for the extraordinary.

**I hope to have a blog update at least every two weeks while I am in Costa Rica. Please pray for my upcoming travels and months of study and growth!

1 comment:

  1. Becky, We're praying that the trip to New York helps you discern what God holds in store for you and also grateful for your opportunity to return to Costa Rica. Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete