Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Perfect Day:


      The focus of last week was prayer and worship. It started off with several great heart-to-heart conversations and prayer with different people Sunday night. Then on Monday began an amazing few days of learning how to pray and developing a deep desire in my heart to know God more. Let me just say: it has been INCREDIBLE. I never knew how much fun praying for 2 hours could be. My heart is so full of joy because of what God has done in my life. So I want to share with you my perfect day – September 7, 2011, a day I will always remember.
      My alarm went off at 5:30 and as usual, my first instinct was to turn it off and go back to bed. But this time I decided to brave the early morning and start my day the right way – with a jog. So I snuck down the stairs in my running shoes and took off, running past familiar shops and the local university. I felt the freedom that always comes with running. What a great way to start the day! After breakfast I had some great quiet time with God reading my Bible. Then we had base intercession, which involves worship and praying for a specific theme, which today was human trafficking. We prayed specifically for victims in San Jose and for the demand for trafficking to end. Afterward we all got a small bracelet to wear on our wrist for the day to remind us of the bondage many people live in.
      Stepping out into the sunny morning, I was ready and energized for class today. Vanessa talked to us about how we are part of the God’s royal priesthood here on this earth. We are the stones of a spiritual house whose foundation is Jesus. It all has to do with relationship! Following the lecture we had a time of praying scripture. When we lack the words to say to God, we can go to the Bible and use the prayers of others to express our feelings. After class I stayed in the prayer room and soaked up God’s presence. I have never prayed that long in my life and it was SO GOOD!
      Today I spent hours in the prayer room, and though I didn’t eat all day, God sustained me. Physical food is not everything…our need to be spiritually fed is even greater. I discovered my need to spend time with God on a daily basis. And I have so much to tell Him! When I start talking to Him and enjoying his presence, I don’t know where the time goes. A few hours felt like only half an hour. Something I am learning along with this prayer time is to listen to God. It shouldn’t just be me blabbing the whole time, but I should seek to hear his voice too, whether through his Word, other people, or directly.
      In the afternoon I took a nice long nap before work duties – sweeping and mopping the dining area. Then I had a wonderful talk with my Mom on Skype and an awesome 1-on-1 reflecting on my week with Rossela. J Tonight we had a time of worship with the DTS in the prayer room. We all gathered in the room decorated with candles and colorful curtains to set the mood. As Chove played the guitar and sang we reflected on God’s goodness in our lives. It’s so freeing to give everything over to the Lord – to be completely dependent on Christ! I went to bed shortly after this wonderful close to a day. Satisfaction comes from God alone.

**Psalm 37:4 "Delight in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment