Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Running the Race

     Time flies when you're having fun. And though this time in Costa Rica has definitely come with its challenges, I have loved every moment of it! It doesn't seem real that I'm leaving this beautiful place in 3 days. I'm coming home a different person than when I arrived here 5 months ago. God has done so many incredible works in my faith and character. Here are some of the ways I have grown:   
  • Learning how to share my faith with others in daily life
  • Developing a passion for the Bible
  • Recognizing God's voice and his plan for me
  • Growing in patience with the Lord and other people
  • Becoming more confident in my ability to contribute to team ministries
  • Always encouraging and supporting others
  • Praying without ceasing
  • Serving with a willing heart and a good attitude
Some other things I loved about my experience in Costa Rica:
  • Speaking Spanish every day, improving in the language and learning to translate
  • Seeing God's beautiful creation - mountains, rainforests, beaches, volcanoes, and waterfalls
  • Making friends from cultures all around the world
  • Eating tico food - gallo pinto, platanos, coffee, Chikys
  • Relaxed and fun culture - dancing, drinking coffee, joking with Latinos
     I am now in Bocas del Toro, an island on the Caribbean coast of Panama, staying at a hostel with my friend Elle. We are here for a couple days to relax and process all we learned in the DTS. I am trying to figure out what is my next step - whether it's to stay in the states for a while, come back to Costa Rica, or go somewhere new. God has definitely called me to do ministry in Latin America, so I know I'll be back sometime. But I don't know the details yet. Until then I'm going to continue seeking the Lord's guidance and serving those around me, like my family and church back home.
     It's been an amazing adventure following Christ here. Thank you for all your support and remember to keep running the race! :)

    **Philippians 3:13-14
    **Hebrews 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment